Getting Driving License in UAE is a big dream of most of the peoples staying on UAE. Continuously evolving technologies now make this dream very easier.
Here we will discussed on the complete procedures for how to get a driving license in Capital City of UAE, Abu Dhabi.
- How to book Theory Class and Theory Test for Driving License in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022
- Step by Step guide to book Theory class for Driving License online in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022
- How to book Theory test for Driving License online in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022
- How to book Practical Class for Driving License in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022
- How to book for Parking Yard Test for Driving License in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022.
- How to book for Driving Road Test in Abu Dhabi, UAE -2022
- How to take Driving Training outside from certified Driving Trainer in Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2022.
+ Who is Eligible?
· A resident of the UAE
The minimum age requirement to obtain a driving licence depends on the vehicle, for which you are obtaining the licence. The minimum age requirement is as follows:
· At least 18 years old to drive a car or light vehicle
· 17 or older for a motorcycle licence
· At least 20 for commercial driving licence for heavy vehicles, like trucks or tractors
· 21 or older for commercial bus driving licence
If you are a First-time applicant
+ How to Open Traffic File
1. Eye Test: Take an eye test from any Abu Dhabi RTA approved opticals (Yateem optician, Al Jaber etc..). It will cost you AED. 150 (rate may vary. Please contact opticians for exact rates)
2. Open Traffic File: To open Traffic file you have to visit Abu Dhabi Police Website. If you are a new user for Abu Dhabi Police website, click on new user registration and then give your Emirates ID number. It will take only 2 minutes to complete your registration. By using UAE pass also you can log in to Abu Dhabi Police Website. This registration is absolutely free of cost. Remember the log in ID and password, as it is required for many activities related to traffic in Abu Dhabi.
After Logging in, create traffic file application. It will cost you AED. 200 for the application. Below documents are required to create traffic file.
- Eye test result (Optical will directly upload to the website)
- Passport Size photo
- Emirates ID
- Front page, Back page and visa stamped page of your passport To Create Traffic file application, you have to pay
After completing the above step, you have to wait for approval from traffic police for your application. It will take 2-3 working days from the date of application.
The approval from Abu Dhabi police you will receive via text message on your registered mobile number. Also, you will get Try File Number and Traffic number as text message in your registered mobile number same time.