About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
• To inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA home furnishing offer with strong visual impressions that exceed visitors’ expectations. This will strengthen the IKEA Brand and convert more visitors into customers.
• To create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the leader in life at home.
• Create functional and inspirational living and working spaces that meet the needs of various clients.
• Use home furnishing ideas to create solutions for homes, offices and other areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
• Develop home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in residential areas, hospitality, office and other areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
• Actively contribute in the gathering of insights from home visit interviews and translating this knowledge into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
• Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness when planning and implementing the home furnishing projects using global tools and best practices.
• Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing ideas, retailing and trends in order to contribute in generatin creative ideas for various projects.
• Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the Home & Business Planning team and other functions.
• Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with Home & Business Planning Department and other functions and understand the impact of your actions on the final results.
• Conduct on-site observations, take brief and assess the clients’ need.
• Prepare and participate in the client presentation.
• Deliver a result that benefitting the clients brief within the specified deadline.
• Make interior spaces functional, safe, and inspirational by determining space requirements and selecting furnishing.
• Knowledge of colors, lighting, and materials considering the smart living solution as a focal point.
• Offer relevant, functional, aesthetically pleasing home furnishing solutions
• Interior Designing /Bachelor preferred
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
• Significant experience of working as an Interior Designer 3-5 years. A higher education qualification in Interior design.
• Has thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of the Communication & Interior Design department
• Must possess analytical and strategic skills for potential succession planning.
• Must be a multi-tasked and have a strong team spirit.
• Excellent on Sketch up and AutoCAD
• Must be computer literate (All Microsoft office, Adobe and Autodesk software’s).
• Arabic not required but is an added advantage.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.