At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Amazon Air Gateway Operations team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to drive large scale process standardization and improvement initiatives across a rapidly growing area of Amazon’s North American Customer Fulfillment business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
· The overall safety, quality, performance, customer experience and people development at the Amazon Air gateways
· Problem-solves for closing gaps between performance and goals
· Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple 3P partners
· Presents operational metrics regularly to the senior leadership team
· Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and the network.
· Works with key business partners such as NASC, AMZL, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborator; able to articulate program recommendations, balance tradeoffs, drive consensus and gain support by utilizing excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
· Communicate release status to internal clients and stakeholders.
· Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
· Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
· This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
· Experience in project management
· Bachelor’s degree (logistics, supply chain management, operations, or relevant field of study)
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and lean methodology
· Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
· Willing and able to travel up to 75% across the Amazon network now and in the future.
· Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
· Experience working in Air Freight operations
· Experience working with and managing third party vendors
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders
· Proven track record of taking ownership, managing conflicting priorities and driving results
· Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
This Page is created for providing help to new and old job hunters here in UAE and all over the world, but the specialty of this page is, we update you the new job openings from the Company websites and other sources. Also we will provide the link direct you to Company application form. If you are interested on any of the job we posted, please comment on the comment box and we will get you the details of the company and more information about posted job or you can contact directly to company and get details before moving further. We are not responsible for anything done by this pages. We are just copying to help job hunters across the world. Follow us for updates.
Fake Job Offers: BEWARE!
The UAE Ministry of Interior (MoI) has warned the public against fraudsters who promote fake jobs online in order to cheat people.
The bogus employers allegedly promise jobseekers employment at reputed companies/hospitals/airlines