Team Leader, Quality Conrol (Site & Turnaround)
We are the Gulf’s most-experienced LNG producer, running one of the world’s most reliable LNG facilities off the coast of Abu Dhabi since 1973. By processing and producing LNG, LPG, Paraffinic Naphtha, and Sulphur for export, we are supplying important energy products to the world. We are majority owned by ADNOC, which has a 70% share of the company. Other shareholders are Mitsui & Co (15%), BP (10%), and Total (5%). We embrace ADNOC’s values, and are proud to be an industry leader in achieving a diverse workforce that is committed to serving the UAE and providing energy for life.
Plan, develop, and monitor the Quality Control Section activities including providing technical support and advise on QA/QC and best practices on Industry matters associated with design, maintenance, turnaround and inspection of new and existing to support the department and the division in ensuring safe and reliable operations.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Leading Failure investigations, root cause analysis and technical recommendations to department manager to improve integrity and reliability of equipment and components.
- Develop and review of standard operating procedures for Maintenance department.Recommend improvements to inspection and repair methods for reducing down time.
- Plan, direct, supervise, review effective implementation of the QA/QC System in ADNOC-LNG Turnaround and routine maintenance works which are designed to improve Health, Safety & Environment, Operability, maintenance, process efficiency and production increase in accordance with the latest international and company standards & codes of practice.
- Ensure ADNOC-LNG QA/QC requirements are fulfilled and demonstrated during the entire Major shutdown and regular routine maintenance activities.
- Ensure Quality Control during Planning and Implementing Turnaround execution through all stages from Concept Design/Engineering, Production of Tender for Construction, and Procurement of services/materials till commissioning.
- Assist the Manager Planning, Scheduling and Turnaround in developing scope of work for Third Party Inspection Contractual Agreement and monitor the effectiveness of Contractors’ performance.
- Identify and recommend action plans in solving operation and process problems to resolve and prevent quality issues.
- Review, verify and endorse ADNOC LNG Turnaround Project Quality Plan and QA procedures and standardize required Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) /QA/QC Inspection checklist for improving QA/QC System.
- Review and endorse submission of the Contractors and sub-contractor’s Project Quality Progamme and verify its implementation in relation to their supplied products and services. Submit recommendations on supplier’s performance and capabilities with regard to QA/QC.
- Carryout Quality Audits and Site/Shop surveys of Manufacturers, Contractors/Consultants and Suppliers as required.
- Participate in Design Contractor’s Technical design/discipline reviews of deliverables and quality system documentation, Inspection/tests with acceptance criteria or compliance to be produced by contractor in line with the stated requirements of ADNOC LNG, National, International standards and other applicable requirements.
- Monitor and verify all non-conformities raised and assist Management Team in taking effective corrective actions for their closure.
- Ensure that all inspection requirements have been fulfilled satisfactorily according to final approved drawings/documents and supplier quality plan.
- Manage and supervise all TPI, Contractors QA/ QC Engineers and QC inspectors during Major shutdowns.
- Safeguard own Health and Safety, as well as that of the fellow employees, by paying attention to safe work practices, maintaining a safe work environment and complying with applicable HSE requirements.
- Take action to INTERVENE and STOP any un-safe activity or non-compliance with HSE requirements, if witnessed, and report the incident – regardless of your position or that of the transgressor.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Section to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Section in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Section and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Section in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Section budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Section policies, processes, systems, Quality standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Section KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Section that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Section.
- provides quality improvement initiatives which lead to continuous efficiency, performance development.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Section in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Section employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Section MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Has regular contact, at all levels from Supervisor to Team Leader/Manager level in Inspection and Corrosion Department, Plant Maintenance Division, Plant Operations Division, Technical Services Department, Engineering Division, Procurement Division and HSE Division.
- Regular contact with Turnaround Contractor its Sub-Contractors and Suppliers,
- Frequent contact with Third Party Inspection Agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineering experience in Oil & Gas Refining, Power Plant or Petrochem Industry with at least 5 years in QA/QC in Major Turnaround activities in a leadership/managerial position.
Knowledge & Skills
- Conversant in all aspects of Inspection of material, mechanical piping works, Static & rotating equipments, Major machinery, Structural, civil works and cathodic protection.
- Conversant in all Oil & gas Industry’s applicable International Standards such as ASME, ANSI, API, ASTM, AWS, NACE, AISC, JIS, DIN, BS, etc.
- Knowledge of four major NDT methods (RT, UT, DPT & MPT).
- Good understanding in Oil and gas processing plant facilities.
- Knowledge in Painting, insulation and refractory Quality Inspection requirements.
- Basic knowledge in Electrical and Instrumentation Inspection requirements.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good interpersonal and people management skill.
- Good communication and coordination skill.
- Team player with collaborative skill.
- Technical Report Writing.
- Certified as LEAD QMS Auditor by IRCA and at least conducted 10 Third Party QMS certification audit as a Lead Auditor by an IRCA accredited certifying body.
- Certified by any accepted International accredited Piping/Welding Inspection Agency, NDT, Quality Assurance Agency (Such as AI, AWS, CSWIP, NACE and API) or any other accepted QA/QC Inspection Organization.