Job Title : Safety Officer
Job Location : AGP Buhasa
Job Duration: Short Term (Mission Visa)
Basic Function :
- Senior HSE Officers shall be minimum Diploma holder (Preferably Chemical/Mechanical/Safety)
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Internationally recognized First aid training
- Safe lifting, working at Height, Confined Space Entry, Electrical Safety, Safe Chemical Handling, Radiography, excavation Safety, waste management
- 5 years of experience in the field of HSE in Oil and Gas industries
- Care passionately about Abu Dhabi – Euro Mechanical is aligned to the Vision of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi has a core commitment to build a sustainable and diversified, high value-added economy) and we wish to encourage this commitment throughout the company.
- Understand, identify with and promote Euro Mechanical brand beliefs – Proficient, Reliable, Collaborative and Integrity.
- Commitment to Euro Mechanical Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct and promoting the same to all employees.
- Reports to the COMPANY HSE Team Leader
- Ensure Company Shutdown HSE plan is adhered to.
- Ensure proper & smooth co-ordination with Contractors’ Safety Officers
- Ensure all Personnel Safety training (H2S/BA, PTW, Fire & Safety watches etc) are completed and necessary valid certificates are available at site
- To Provide input and support for the safe conduct of work by contractor personnel during shutdown of NGL Plant and associated utility equipment
- Ensures Company PTW procedures & all safety procedures are followed by contractor personnel
- Conducts regular work site safety inspections / audits / walk abouts
- Participates in incident management during accidents and emergencies
- Participates in incident investigations following any incidents
- Assists COMPANY HSE department with audits during shutdowns.
- To prepare/review Activity Risk Assessment for critical activities
- To ensure performing parties delivers daily toolbox talk and that it is documented.
- To ensure COMPANY approved PPE are being supplied and used.
- Ensure submission of daily safety reports.
- Give guidance to the traffic if required
- Well versed with mechanical tools tackles and be capable of inspecting the plant and equipment
- Attends daily progress/planning meetings as advised by Company personnel.
- Assist the COMPANY HSE department with preparation and posting of posters and delivering presentations /tool box talks in multiple languages if required
- Ensure wastes properly segregated and disposed off
Reporting and contribution to process management
- Support the development of work flows and documenting of standard operating processes and Key performance indicators, this will include generating reports, progress reports, budget reports and developing of reporting structures.
- Maintain and contribute to a company philosophy of continuous improvement. Essentially this will involve ownership & responsibility for your processes and continually seeking to review and improve these functions.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.