Web reporter: Abu Dhabi
Department of Economic Development in Abu Dhabi sets the preventive and precautionary measures to be followed in order to reopen cinemas inside the commercial centers with a capacity of 30%. Covid-19 tests for all employees are necessary before obtaining a permit to resume activity.The department will also carry out inspections to ensure that they are implemented and followed.
Preventive and precautionary measures
- Intensive sterilization of all theaters every day after working hours.
- Serve food and beverages in single-use, disposable packages.
- Provide hand sanitizers at all entrances and exits of public spaces as well as restrooms.
- Intensive sterilization of movie theaters for atleast 20 to 30 minutes after each screening.
- Make sure dedicated cleaning staff clean restrooms after each use.
- Provide hand sanitizers at the entrance and exits of the cinema.
- Encourage moviegoers to pay electronically.
- Digital seat reservations.
- Allocate two seats for moviegoers with two seats left empty on each side.
- Cancel seating every other row in each theater.
- Cancel an entire row row between every two rows of ticketing and F&B lines.
- Display floor signage and information boards in prominent locations.