ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Plan, organize and implement swimming tryouts, training sessions, intramurals and friendly meets.
2.Provide professional coaching for AU swimming team and monitor physical, technical and tactical progress of the team’s members
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in and around the swimming pool facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Must adhere to using protective equipment when intervening in the event of incident or emergency.
- Performs various maintenance duties around the pool deck and office as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility such as straightening deck chairs ,checking lifeguard and pool equipment and clocks.
- Preparations and maintains appropriate activity reports. This is not limited to, but including filling out incident report forms. If an incident with a patron occurs, their information must be written (including student ID, Alumni ID) on an incident report along and report to the reception if necessary.
- Enforce pool rules related to conduct, attire and swimming ability.
- As necessary, administrator user swim proficiency tests.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including removing / putting in lane lines, timing system, and water activities setup.
- Pool must always be watched along with surrounding deck space.